Carson McDowell’s Commercial Law Team is one of the largest commercial contracts teams in Northern Ireland and as such, it works on a broad spectrum of transactions, from substantial outsourcing, joint ventures and project development agreements to day-to-day manufacture, logistics/warehousing and advertising arrangements.
As a result their clients range from small start-up businesses to medium-sized enterprises and large well-known companies in a range of markets and the team is well known for having a real understanding of its clients’ businesses, how they work, current and future strategies and their relationships with customers, suppliers and partners.
The team’s specialist areas of expertise are set out below. Common to all is the team’s expertise in the drafting and negotiating of contracts, whether in their own right or as part of a more complex transaction.
Michael Johnston, Managing Partner & Partner, Corporate and Commercial Law
Neasa Quigley, Partner, Corporate and Commercial Law
Richard Gray, Partner, Corporate and Commercial Law
Gerard Armstrong, Partner, Corporate and Commercial Law
What We Do
- Discussing and reviewing key commercial drivers with our clients
- Negotiating and drafting contracts of all kinds
- Advice on standard terms and conditions of sale and purchase as regards goods and/or services
- Advice on E-commerce including the Distance Selling Regulations
- Advice on the Data Protection Act aspects of commercial transactions including use of personal data for direct marketing campaigns
- Advising on complex outsourcing agreements
- Advice on distribution, warehousing and logistics contracts
- Advice on agency contracts and the application of the Commercial Agent Regulations for both agents and principals alike
- Advice on IT/Software agreements including development agreements and licensing arrangements
- Advising on long term supply agreements
- Advising on manufacturing agreements
- Advice on the intellectual property aspects of commercial contracts of all kinds
- Advising on sub-contracts and particularly the pass through of liabilities
- Advice on structures for joint ventures, both corporate and contractual, and the associated agreements
- Advice on research and development agreements in various technology sectors
- Advice on contractual collaborations both as between industrial partners and industrial and educational institutions
- Advice on partnership of all kinds whether traditional, limited partnerships, limited liability partnerships
What Others Say About Us
Chambers and Partners UK 2015
Strengths(Quotes mainly from clients)
"We like their regional focus. They have superb talent and they gave us great service. We hope to work with them again."
The Legal 500 2013
"The partners at Carson McDowell have ‘a wealth of experience’, and are supported by ‘good backroom staff’'."