Carson McDowell has a track record in providing debt recovery assistance and advice to commercial clients. We offer a tailored service to commercial clients, lenders in the field of secured and unsecured debt as well as Asset Finance and Asset Recovery with respect to Regulated Agreements. The team represents banks, building societies and other secured lenders. The Debt Recovery team also advises a number of clients across the construction industry, clients as diverse as architects, structural engineers, and planning consultants.
We provide support for a large number of Belfast’s commercial property agents in relation to their management support services to commercial and retail landlords. We also assist real estate clients that have extensive property portfolios with arrears management.
Darren Toombs, Partner, Head of Debt Recovery Team
What We Do
- The instigation of Debt Recovery Proceedings to obtain judgment
- Commencing Insolvency Proceedings (Bankruptcy and Liquidation) on behalf of Creditors
- Recovery of Assets in Asset Finance Agreements through Return of Goods Orders
- Repossession of Property for Secured Lenders
- Repossession of Property for Landlords
- Obtaining security for a debt due
- Enforcement Proceedings through the Enforcement of Judgments Office
- Advice to Creditors when faced with Debtor Insolvency Situations ranging from Bankruptcies to Liquidations and on Voluntary Arrangements such as IVAs and CVAs
- Defending PPI Claims for lenders
What Others Say About Us
Chambers and Partners UK 2014
Darren is a recommended Lawyer in the Dispute Resolution section of Chambers, which states, “Darren Toombs is known for his restructuring and insolvency practice, as well as leading the debt recovery team”.