Mary Kim Doherty - Partner
Mary-Kim Doherty attained a degree in law (LLB Honours) from Queens University in 2002 and joined Carson McDowell that year as an apprentice whilst obtaining professional qualification at the Institute of Professional Legal Studies of Queens University. In 2004 Mary-Kim qualified as a solicitor and joined the Commercial Property Team within Carson McDowell. Mary-Kim became an Associate solicitor in 2009.
Mary-Kim has experience in all areas of commercial property law including;
· Acting on behalf of many private developers, companies and public bodies in site assembly and disposal, to include sites for the erection of supermarket superstores, for a medical complex, housing developments, mixed use developments;
· having acted for many high street retailers and landlords in the negotiation of lease documentation and providing advices to both landlords and tenants in respect of their rights and obligations under the Business Tenancies (Northern Ireland) Order 1996;
· rates appeal matters having directed her clients through the Lands Tribunal procedure resulting in a successful outcome;
· providing advices on the compulsory acquisition of land and directing her clients through the statutory procedure for same, including drafting and publishing all relevant notifications and liaising with the relevant governmental department to ultimately achieve the desired vesting order;
· acting on behalf of a consortium of landowners in negotiating and agreeing lease documentation with a leading wind farm operator for the installation and operation of a 12 turbine 24 MW windfarm on their lands;
. acting on behalf of Threadneedle Pensions Limited in the acquisition of Faustina Retail Park, Buncrana Road, Derry for consideration of £18million.