Complaints management: a practical guide - 19 October
Carson McDowell LLP Healthcare Team conference for GPs
19 October 2016
Date: Wednesday 19th October 2016
Venue: The Titanic Suite, Titanic Building, Belfast
Time: Registration and evening buffet from 5.45pm for a 6.15pm start until 8.30pm
Cost: There is no cost for this event
Roger McMillan, Head of the Healthcare Team at Carson McDowell LLP, would like to invite you to Complaints management: a practical guide, on Wednesday 19th October 2016 in The Titanic Suite, Titanic Building, Belfast. Registration and evening buffet from 5.45pm, followed by presentations from our key speakers from 6.15pm - 8.15pm.
The event will deliver a unique insight into the roles of three bodies with whom healthcare professionals may come into contact – the Health & Social Care Board, the Northern Ireland and Public Services Ombudsman and the Medical Practitioners Tribunal Service.
The evening will provide:
- Practical tips from both Michael Cruikshanks, Health & Social Care Board and Marie Anderson, the Northern Ireland Public Services Ombudsman, on how to deal with complaints effectively. There will be consideration of how to achieve a positive outcome for both the complainant and practitioners involved in the process.
- An overview of the patterns and trends in complaints, allowing you to minimise the chances of becoming the subject of a complaint.
An insight from His Honour Judge Pearl about:
- How the Medical Practitioners Tribunal Service deals with matters referred to them, including allegations of poor performance, serious misconduct and convictions.
- How Medical Practitioners Tribunals assess whether a practitioner has impaired fitness to practise and, if so, what factors are considered when sanctions are being imposed.
- Tips on minimising the stress of being involved in a referral to a Medical Practitioners Tribunal.
The event will conclude with an opportunity to ask questions and engage in discussion around the topics above.
If you would like to attend please RSVP by email to [email protected] before Friday 2 September.