Carson McDowell has a team of highly experienced lawyers specialising in all aspects of public procurement. Whether you are a purchaser in the public sector, procure contracts in the utilities sector or bid for these types of contracts, we can help.
We are a dedicated procurement law team based in Northern Ireland, but advising throughout the UK. We support our clients across a wide range of procurement matters, from strategic planning and conduct of the procurement process, to resolving disputes. Our clients rely on us for our expertise, innovative approach and pragmatic advice.
What we do
- Acting for NIE Networks in its c.£80 million procurement for ICT managed services, conducted in accordance with the competitive procedure with negotiation applicable under the Utilities Contacts Regulations 2016
- Advising Southern Regional College on procurement of an integrated design team and a contractor for three new build campuses in accordance with the Public Contracts Regulations 2015
- Acting for Belfast Harbour Commissioners in a number of procurement exercises for the purchase of strategically important and high value operational equipment
- Supporting Causeway Coast and Glens Borough Council in relation to its procurement for Portrush Public Realm
- Advising a number of Northern Irish housing associations on issues such as material variation, use of the “Teckal” exemption, development agreements and design and build contracts
- Acting for a leading construction company on the award of a set of measured term contracts
- Advising a local healthcare provider on the award of grant lending for innovative product services and a framework arrangement for provision of healthcare support
- Advising a local construction company on the award of a significant infrastructure project in England
What Others Say About Us
Chambers and Partners UK 2019
What the team is known for
Trusted advisers for a number of public and private organisations from the housing, education, utilities, and defence sectors. Offers contentious and non-contentious advice on public procurement in and outside of Northern Ireland.
Advised Grand Opera House on the procurement of an integrated consultancy team for the refurbishment of its premises.
A client says it is "a very capable and responsive team that is aware of all the necessary developments in procurement law."
Choice Housing Ireland, Southern Regional College, Grand Opera House, Helm Housing, and AES.
Declan Magee is one of Northern Ireland's most celebrated commercial litigators and represents bidders and contracting authorities on disputes arising from procurement exercises.
Kerry Teahan leads the firm's
procurement practice and advises public sector tenderers and private sector
bidders on all stages of the competitive dialogue process. A client says: "She
has excellent procurement knowledge and in-depth understanding of the opportunities
and constraints we are presented with."