Carson McDowell has a longstanding reputation in advising clients in the public sector in Northern Ireland. As a result our experience is longstanding in advising in the area of public and administrative law.
We have considerable experience in supporting our public sector clients in their decision making processes, acutely aware of the close scrutiny that potentially contentious decisions can have in the modern forum.
Our cross disciplinary team provides expertise in contentious and non-contentious teams, enabling us to support our clients through each stage in the decision making process to include any challenges that may arise.
What we do
- Support clients in establishing their processes to ensure they are robust
- Facilitate our clients in decision making processes to ensure compliance
- Regulatory advice on compliance obligations
- Real Estate advice for the public sector
- Support in assessing any challenges to the decisions by our public sector clients
- Freedom of Information and Data Protection advice and support
- Representation in Judicial Review proceedings
- Procurement advice and support
What Others Say About Us
Chambers UK 2021
What the team is known for
Handles administrative and public law matters for clients in the public and charities sectors. Particular emphasis on work for public sector clients and regulators, complemented by noteworthy expertise in public inquiries and judicial reviews. Additional areas of expertise include planning and freedom of information claims.
Instructed by the insurers of Causeway Coast and Glens Borough Council to represent the two most senior council officers in a judicial review of the decision of the council to grant a luxury hotel planning permission.