Carson McDowell has developed a multi-disciplinary education team, reflecting the broad section of advice that our education clients require. Our clients range from higher education, further education, schools and education service providers. Our longstanding experience in this sector gives us the ability to provide support in areas such as technology transfer, property and regulatory advice, student/staff discipline, and contracts.
What we do
- Knowledge transfer protection
- Intellectual property recognition and registration
- Support on visitorial and charter issues and governance in the education sector in Northern Ireland
- Educational property matters including support in the development of broad property portfolios for our educational clients
- Advising on the setting and implementation of entrance and award criteria
- Procurement support on capital projects and service contracts
- Copyright and database legal support, in particular in the range of services required of the examination scripts
- Preparing memorandum of understanding for collaborative projects
- Contractual advice and support including contentious support services
- Advising on policy and practice in relation to student discipline
What Others Say About Us
Chambers UK 2021
What the team is known for
Highly impressive education team consisting of a number of specialists in related disciplines, including employment, construction and corporate work. Particularly well versed in technology matters, including strong expertise in data protection and freedom of information issues. Acts for major universities, as well as numerous further education institutions and schools across Northern Ireland.
Advised Ulster University on various data protection issues, including the drafting of data sharing and processing agreements and compliance with GDPR in relation to student exchange arrangements.