The insurance team at Carson McDowell brings full service expertise across all areas of insurance. We have long-standing relationships with many of the UK's leading insurance companies having been an advisor to them on Northern Ireland issues for many years.Our experience stretches beyond representing insurance companies in the defence of actions taken against their insured as we have significant experience across the entire sector from coverage issues through to advice on matters such as fraud and competition. The team is highly regarded both locally and further afield for their expertise within the sector.
What We Do
- Support clients on coverage issues providing concise commercially focused advice
- Take instructions and assisting in defence of actions taken against clients of the insurer
- Insurance and re-insurance liability investigations
- Fraud investigations
- Assisting with high value insurance based litigation advice
- Reporting to clients on preferred reporting formats
What Others Say About Us
Chambers and Partners UK 2016
What the team is known for
Market-leading practice with wide-ranging expertise which includes advising insurers on claims against solicitors and valuers. Also active on cases involving architects, lenders and financial advisers.
One client said: "The firm is excellent in speed of response and depth of knowledge, and they instil confidence when handling litigation."
Declan Magee has extensive experience in defending high-value and complex professional negligence claims on behalf of both insurers and solicitors.
Marsh, Hiscox Insurance, Novae Insurance, Devonshire Claims Services, and the Medical Protection Society.