Fearghal McVey - Associate
Fearghal is admitted as a solicitor in three jurisdictions, England and Wales (admission 2013), Ireland (admission 2013), and Northern Ireland (admission 2019).
Fearghal studied his undergraduate at Queen’s University, Belfast where he was a scholarship recipient and graduated with first class honours in Law and Accounting (LLB) in 2009. Fearghal completed the Legal Practice Course (LPC) at BPP Law School, London in 2010 graduating with a Distinction. In 2012, Fearghal obtained an MBA (in Legal Services) from BPP Business School, London and obtained the award for academic excellence awarded to the first placed MBA student.
Fearghal trained at London city law firm, Simmons & Simmons and moved to Maples in Dublin where he practised Irish law for five years before returning to Belfast in 2019, joining the banking and finance team at Carson McDowell. Fearghal has also previously spent six months on secondment to the investment banking division of a major international bank, based in London.
Fearghal has a wide variety of experience across multiple jurisdictions advising companies, banks and investment funds on domestic and international financing transactions, including extensive capital markets and structured finance experience.
Transactions on which Fearghal has advised include:
- Providing Northern Ireland law financing advice to an international banking syndicate on the acquisition of a £4.9bn loan and mortgage portfolio
- Advising various domestic corporate clients and domestic banks in connection with arrangements for credit facilities and related security packages
- Advising on peer to peer lending transactions between domestic and international corporate clients
- Advising on funding and financing of domestic and international real estate financing transactions and property platforms
- Providing advices in connection with financing and structuring aspects of mergers and acquisitions
- Advising global hedge and private equity funds in connection with the establishment and financing of various asset platforms