Rosie Timoney - Solicitor
Key Practice Areas
- +44 (0) 28 90 348 936
Rosie is a solicitor in the Corporate Team at Carson McDowell LLP. She qualified as a solicitor in 2014 after completing her training with the firm.
Rosie attained a degree in law (LLB Honours) from the Queen’s University of Belfast in 2009 and a Masters degree in Human Rights (LLM) from the Queen’s University of Belfast in 2010.
Since qualification Rosie has gained particular experience in corporate transactions, advising clients on the sale and acquisition of companies and businesses and on a number of corporate reorganisations. Rosie has led due diligence and disclosure exercises for those clients during the sale or acquisition process. She also regularly advises clients in relation to shareholder and corporate governance matters as well as drafting or reviewing commercial contracts.
- Led the due diligence and disclosure process on behalf of the sellers in relation to the sale of a Group involving 22 companies across 120 sites.
- Assisted in advising the management shareholders on the sale by Hg Capital of Relay Software Limited to the US Applied Systems Group, the largest provider of broker management systems in the world.
- Led the due diligence process on behalf of Abbey Insurance Brokers in its acquisition of the Open + Direct business from Swinton Group Limited.
- Assisted in the sale of Belfast-based financial adviser Pension & Financial Consultants to Davy Stockbrokers.
- Assisted in the disclosure process in relation to the sale of Tyrone manufacturing business Telestack Limited to Astec Industries, Inc. for US$36 million (£22million).
Rosie has completed the Young Professionals on Arts Board programme with Arts and Business NI in 2016 and sits on the board of a Belfast theatre company. Rosie was also part of the inaugural team to deliver the Lawyers in Schools programme (a partnership with the Citizenship Foundation) to young people in Northern Ireland in 2017.