Rosie Timoney - Associate
Rosie is an associate solicitor in the Corporate team at Carson McDowell. She qualified as a solicitor in 2014 after completing her training with the firm and was appointed as an associate solicitor in 2019.
Rosie attained a degree in Law (LLB honours) from Queen’s University, Belfast in 2009 and a masters degree in Human Rights (LLM) from Queen’s University, Belfast in 2010.
Since qualification, Rosie has gained particular experience in corporate transactions, advising clients on the sale and acquisition of companies and businesses and on a number of corporate reorganisations. Rosie has led due diligence and disclosure exercises for those clients during the sale or acquisition process. She also regularly advises clients in relation to shareholder and corporate governance matters as well as drafting or reviewing commercial contracts.
Rosie is actively engaged with the charity and public sector, providing corporate governance advice for charities regarding corporate structure, compliance with the Companies Act 2006 and the Charities Act (NI) 2008, registration with the Charity Commission for Northern Ireland and the public benefit requirement. In addition she provides trustee governance training to boards in respect of their statutory, contractual, regulatory and fiduciary duties and how to discharge these duties.
Rosie completed the Young Professionals on Arts Board programme with Arts and Business NI in 2016. In 2018 Rosie was appointed by Arts and Business NI to devise and deliver their corporate governance training programme to incoming charitable trustees placed with the Young Professionals on Arts Board programme. Rosie has been delivering the training programme since then.
Rosie is active within the charitable sector in Northern Ireland as a voluntary board member. In 2016 she joined the board of Belfast based charity Bruiser Theatre Company and was nominated as Chairperson of the organisation in 2019. In 2020 Rosie was elected as Co-Chair of Mediation NI, a charitable company offering mediation services to individuals, communities and organisations in the public, private and third sector.
Rosie's experience includes the following:
- Assisted in advising client Lagan Investments on the equity arrangements in its acquisition of a majority stake in FTS Holdings, the ultimate parent company of Frame-Tech Structures Limited.
- Led the due diligence and disclosure process on behalf of the shareholders of Prestige on investment by Capital Z.
- Led the due diligence and disclosure process on behalf of the shareholders of Lowe Rental in relation to the multi-million pound investment by investment fund Perwyn and the exit of former investor MML Growth Capital.
- Assisted in advising Belfast-headquartered SHS Group, which owns WKD, Bottlegreen and Shloer brands, in its acquisition of international ignition supplier Standard Brands (UK).
- Led the due diligence and disclosure process on behalf of the sellers in relation to the sale of a Group involving 22 companies across 120 sites.
- Assisted in advising the management shareholders on the sale by Hg Capital of Relay Software Limited to the US Applied Systems Group, the largest provider of broker management systems in the world.
- Led the due diligence process on behalf of Abbey Insurance Brokers in its acquisition of the Open + Direct business from Swinton Group Limited.
- Assisted in the sale of Belfast-based financial adviser Pension & Financial Consultants to Davy Stockbrokers.
- Assisted in the disclosure process in relation to the sale of Tyrone manufacturing business Telestack Limited to Astec Industries, Inc. for US $36 million (£22million). advises shareholders of Prestige on investment by Capital Z.